- 5 hours
This course describes how the zEnterprise system manages workloads across heterogeneous platforms and describes the components that comprise and support this system.
The first module in this is course is appropriate for anyone requiring an overview of the zEnterprise system, while other modules are specifically for Operators, System Programmers or System Administrators that require a technical understanding of the z196, zBX and zManager and HMC components.
A basic understanding of mainframe data processing concepts.
After completing this course the student will be able to:
- Explain the benefits associated with the zEnterprise system
- Describe the function of z196, zBX and zManager components
- Identify the components that comprise a typical z196 system
- Describe the features that zBX can provide
- List the new HMC features available with the zEnterprise system
A study of today's Data Center hardware and software structures
How zEnterprise breaks down traditional barriers
Big picture - z196, zBX and zManager
I/O system structure
zManager management functions
Smart Analytics Optimizer Solution
Configuration of the primary and alternate HMC
Ensemble configuration tasks
Monitoring ensemble activity