- 4 hours
The CL Programming Functions and Messaging course describes the more advanced features of Control Language programming. It focuses on how to use CL message handling to monitor the correct execution of CL programs.
Programmers, system programmers and operators, and other personnel writing and updating Control Language (CL) programs.
Completion of the "CL Programming" course or equivalent experience.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify built in functions (%SUBSTRING, %SWITCH, etc.)
- Identify how to retrieve job and system values into a CL program
- Define Program Message Queues
- Recognize message types
- Identify how to monitor for system messages sent to your CL program
- Identify how to send various message types through the system by using CL programs
Retrieving Job Values
Retrieving System Values
Built-in Functions - %Binary
Program Message Queues
Global and Command Monitors
Commands for Sending Messages
Sending Messages to Users
Sending Messages Between Programs