- 6 hours
The RPG/400 Introduction explains the fundamental features and structure of a Report Program Generator (RPG) program. It also descibes the concepts of RPG programming.
Personnel requiring an introduction to RPG programming in a Green-Screen Environment.
Knowledge of data processing, programming concepts, and the iSeries operating system.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the concepts of RPG Programming, including the structure of RPG, the RPG cycle, and the flow of control through an RPG program
- Identify specification sheets
- Recognize RPG data types, opcodes, and indicators
- Identify variables and constants
- Define the functioning of arrays, elements, and data structures
- Recognize RPG/400 naming standards
- Identify functioning indicators and major groups of indicators
- Identify how to use and avoid certain indicators
Introduction to RPG
History and Development of RPG
Structure of RPG
RPG Data Types
Introduction to Indicators
Special Purpose Indicators
Indicator Usage Map