- 5 hours
This advanced course covers the types of backup and recovery options, techniques and products that are available to CA 7. It looks at defining attributes associated with CA 7 disaster recovery mode and how some automatic recovery can be configured. Preventing and resolving common CA 7 issues is also provided.
Operators, Production Support/Schedulers, Operations Analysts and Systems Programmers that are responsible for the backup, recovery and general problem resolution associated with CA 7.
Successful completion of all CA 7 courses in this curriculum or equivalent knowledge.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the scenarios in which the Automated Recovery Facility (ARF) can be used
- Create a simple ARF definition and link it to a job
- Identify the software products and programs that can be used for CA 7 backup and recovery
- Describe how CA 7 disaster recovery mode is used
- Identify and resolve common CA 7 problems
Types of Job Conditions That Can be Monitored
Automated Recovery Facility (ARF)
Creating an ARF Definition
Linking an ARFSET to a Job
Importance of Backups
Products Used For CA 7 Data Backup
CA 7 Dormant Version
Products Used For CA 7 Data Recovery
Recovery Aid Facility
Disaster Recovery Mode
Identifying and Resolving Common Problems
Automated CA 7 Notification
CA 7 and IBM Health Checker