- 7 hours
The CONTROL-D course introduces the concepts, facilities, and use of the BMC Control-D z/OS report distribution product. It discusses how standard reports can be analyzed, split, copied, distributed, printed, and viewed by Control-D, and the facilities available for backing up and archiving system reports and output.
Personnel requiring knowledge of CONTROL-D.
Knowledge of IBM hardware, software, terminology, and concepts.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the components of CONTROL-D
- Recognize access methods
- Create and work with Calendars
- Define the relevance of Decollation Missions
- Identify how Online Viewing works
- Recognize the components of the Log
- Recognize the Backup, Restore, and Print Missions
- Define Conditions
- Recognize KeyStroke Reporting Language
What Is Control-D?
Advantages Over Traditional Printing Methods
Recipient Tree Overview
Recipient Tree Commands
What are Calendars?
Creating a New Year
Overview of Decollating Missions
List of Jobs
Basic Scheduling Parameters
Ordering and Forcing
Active Missions Screen Overview
Active Missions Screen Commands
Overview of the Log
Masking the Log
Adding a Condition
Manual Condition Commands
Overview of Online Viewing
Report List Management
CONTROL-D PC Commands