- 1 hour
This assessment measures your skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a JES2 related problem occurs.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for resolving JES2 problems or problems associated with JES2 controlled devices, or other IT specialists that need to perform JES2 problem resolution.
A good general knowledge of JES2 functionality and being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a JES2 related problem occurs.
The following Datatrain courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JES2 System Initialization & Shutdown
- Monitoring Batch Jobs with JES2
- Using JES2 in Scheduling Batch Jobs
- Identify and Resolve JES2 Batch Problems
- Identify and Resolve JES2 System Problems
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Interpreting JES2 error messages and display command data
- Resolving problems associated with JES2 start-up and shutdown
- Entering JES2 commands to start, stop, or modify JES2 controlled devices.
Questions have been created to z/OS 2.1 level.