- 3 hours
The Introduction to Tandem course introduces the Tandem computing environment. It focuses on the key components and advantages of Tandem.
Personnel who require knowledge of Tandem basic architecture, hardware, and software tools.
Knowledge of computer basics.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the concepts of Tandem architecture
- Identify the Guardian 90 Operating System
- Recognize the various hardware components of a Tandem system
- Identify the functions and capabilities of the Text Editor
- Recognize Text Edit commands
Tandem Philosophy - Non-Stop Computer
Hardware Duplication - Twin
Components of the GUARDIAN 90 Operating System
Common Message System
System and User Processes