- 3 hours
The Understanding How Tivoli Workload Scheduler Processes Work course discusses the need for workload scheduling in today's enterprise organization, and provides general information describing how Tivoli Workload Scheduler processes jobs.
Data Center operators, schedulers or support staff seeking an introduction to Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS.
- General knowledge of the z/OS environment
- Understanding of the batch processing environment
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS
- List the individuals and teams that use Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS
- Explain how plans are used to define work for processing
Today's Scheduling Environment
Tivoli Workload Scheduling Suite Components
Who Works With Tivoli Workload Scheduler?
Tivoli Workload Scheduling Concepts and Terminology
Communicating with the Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Using Long-Term and Current Plans
How is the Workload Processed?
Monitoring Activity Using the ISPF Dialogs
Defining Workload Definitions