- 5 hours
This course provides the learner with basic information about WebSphere MQ on z/OS: features, functions and issues that differ from WebSphere MQ on other platforms.
Managers, systems administrators, programmers, architects, operators and help desk staff. This course is suitable for anyone needing a quick understanding of WebSphere MQ on z/OS.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Describe what WebSphere MQ is and why it is used
- List the different WebSphere MQ components
- Explain what languages and application environments can use WebSphere MQ
- Understand queue sharing and queue sharing groups
- Identify the different components of WebSphere MQ on z/OS
- Understand WebSphere MQ administration on z/OS
What is WebSphere MQ?
Queue Managers and Clients
WebSphere MQ and Messages
WebSphere MQ Solutions
What's in a Message?
Queue Manager Features
Managing WebSphere MQ
The Queue Manager