- 5 hours
The RPG/400 Workstation Programming Introduction course shows how to design and develop screen layouts and how the program can interact with the user to deliver and accept data.
Personnel requiring knowledge of RPG Interactive Programming in a Green-Screen environment.
Knowledge of data processing, programming concepts, and the IBM i operating system
After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how RPG Uses Display Files for 5250 Communication Purposes
- Describe the Code Used to Create a Simple RPG Program
- Identify the RPG Code Required for Screen Input and Output
- Describe how Subroutines are Invoked From RPG Code
- Identify the RPG Code used to Update Database Records
Review Display Files
Data Definition Specifications for Display Files
"Hello World" Program
Reading the Screen
DDS Coding for Multiple Screens
Coding a Maintenance Program