- 1 hour
A general introduction to mainframe application performance. In this course, you will be introduced to the basic concepts of improving application performance by tuning. This course includes suggestions on
when and why to tune, tuning for CPU vs service time, and also considers batch and
online performance objectives.
Existing mainframe application programmers with a knowledge of z/OS and z/OS application development.
Completion of the following Interskill courses or equivalent experience:
- z/OS Concepts and Components
- IBM Development Environment
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify What Application Tuning Is
- How to Determine If an Application Needs to Be Tuned
- Describe a Basic Process for Tuning an Application
What Is Application Tuning
Online Response Time
How to Determine If an Application Needs to Be Tuned
Basic Process for Tuning an Application