- 3 hours
The Understanding How IBM Z Workload Scheduler Processes Work course discusses the need for workload scheduling in today's enterprise organization, and provides general information describing how IBM Z Workload Scheduler (formerly Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS, or TWSz) processes jobs.
Data Center operators, schedulers or support staff seeking an introduction to IBM Z Workload Scheduler.
- General knowledge of the z/OS environment
- Understanding of the batch processing environment
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Z Workload Scheduler
- List the individuals and teams that use IBM Z Workload Scheduler
- Explain how plans are used to define work for processing
Today's Scheduling Environment
IBM Z Workload Scheduling Suite Components
Who Works With IBM Z Workload Scheduler?
IBM Z Workload Scheduling Concepts and Terminology
Communicating with the IBM Z Workload Scheduler
Using Long-Term and Current Plans
How is the Workload Processed?
Monitoring Activity Using the ISPF Dialogs
Defining Workload Definitions