- 4 hours
The iSeries Concepts course describes how the iSeries operating environment is based around the concepts of objects. It introduces the object types and describes the standard control language command set that enables operators and programmers to work with them.
Personnel requiring an overview of the iSeries system.
Basic knowledge of computer technology and terminology, and the iSeries system.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the concept of an object and how to determine an object's type based on its operational characteristics
- Identify the Online Help facility
- Recognize common control language commands
- Identify system values and how to change them
- Recognize the different types of media
Objects and Object Types
Libraries and Library Types
Using the Help Facilities
Command Structure - Names and Parameters
The Command Entry Display
Using System Values