- 4 hours
The AS/400 Operations course explains how to issue iSeries Control Language (CL) commands which will monitor and control work on the system.
Personnel requiring training in iSeries operations.
Basic knowledge of computer concepts.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize keyboard and input keys
- Identify how to sign on and access options through commands and menus
- Recognize iSeries Navigator functions
- Recognize Message Types, Delivery Modes, Message Queues, and send, access, and delete messages
- Recognize CL commands
- Identify how to monitor and control work on the system
Position and Function of Keys on the Keyboard
System Sign-on Procedure
Accessing OS/400 Options - Menus and Commands
Display Types - List, Information, Menu, and Entry
Defining Messages and Message Queues
Message Delivery Modes - Break, Notify, and Hold
Message Types - Inquiry and Informational
Jobs and Job Descriptions
Batch Jobs and Queues
Managing Batch Jobs
Viewing Spool files
View and Control Jobs
Monitor and Control Printing