- 4 hours
The Introduction to Programming the iSeries course introduces the programming languages available on the iSeries. It explains the object types associated with them, and the data sources (objects) that programs can access.
Personnel requiring an introduction to iSeries programming.
Knowledge of data processing, programming concepts, and the iSeries operating system.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the programming languages available on the iSeries
- Identify how to create and execute iSeries host programs
- Recognize data sources and data outputs available to iSeries host programs
- Identify the benefits of ILE for modular application design
- Recognize RPG OPM source code
- Recognize RPG ILE source code
- Identify how Service Programs and APIs are used in RPG ILE programs
Programming Languages Available on the iSeries and Their Typical Uses
The Process of Creating and Executing Host Programs
Data Inputs and Data Outputs Used By iSeries Programs
Creating Database and Device Files
ILE and Modular Application Design
Important Benefit of the ILE Environment
The Line Specifications Used in RPG OPM Program Code
Line Counter Specifications
The Line Specifications Used in RPG ILE Program Code
Benefits of Service Programs and How They are Implemented
Benefits of APIs and How They are Called from RPG ILE