- 4 hours
This advanced course describes how communication with CA 7 is possible using various interfaces and then focuses on the management and performance aspects of CA 7 using workload balancing macros and reporting.
System Programmers and Operations Analysts that need to manage CA 7 performance.
Successful completion of the Monitoring and Managing the Batch Processing Environment course.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify how the Batch Terminal Interface (BTI) is used
- Create REXX code that will invoke CA 7 commands
- Describe how workload balancing is used
- Create simple workload balancing macros
- Identify reports and graphs that can be produced
Using the Batch Terminal Interface (BTI)
Invoking the CAICCI User Interface for REXX
Executing CA 7 Commands Using REXX
The Workload Balancing (WLB) Facility
Coding and Activating WLB Macros
Displaying Workload Balancing Definitions
CA 7 History Reports
CA 7 Workload Planning Reports
CA-Earl and CA-Easytrieve Reporting
CA 7 Automated Performance Analysis (APA) Graphs