- 5 hours
The CA 1® Tape Management - Identifying and Resolving Media Problems course describes the structure of the CA 1 Tape Management system, its chaining process, AIVS and tape stacking facilities, problem determination, and the utilities available for correcting structural problems and reporting.
Personnel requiring knowledge of CA 1 Tape Management.
Knowledge of tape management principles used by CA 1 and how to inquire on the CA 1 database.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the structure of the main CA 1 system data sets
- Identify how CA 1 links tapes and data sets within its database
- Recognize CA 1 chaining errors
- Identify how to set up and use AIVS and tape stacking
- Recognize the common CA 1 utilities
CA 1 Data Sets
Audit File Structure
Volume and DSNB Record Chaining Fields
MultiVolume and MultiFile Chaining
Free DSNB Chaining
Identifying Chaining Errors
Correcting Chaining Errors
Chaining Error Correction Utilities
Identifying and Correcting Chaining Errors
Real-Time Stacking Considerations
Setting Up AIVS
Common Reports and Utilities