- 5 hours
The CA 1® Tape Management - Using Tape Media course describes the use of the CA 1® Tape Management system, the online facility and its uses, and the standard daily maintenance processing required by CA 1.
Personnel requiring knowledge of CA 1 tape operations.
Knowledge of general IBM hardware, software, terminology, and concepts.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the features and components of CA 1 Tape Management
- Identify the benefits of CA 1 and how it can assist the tape librarian
- Identify the special CA 1 tape retention period definitions
- Recognize CA 1/ISPF screens and CA 1 reporting capabilities
- Identify how and why daily processing is used
- Define Vault Management
CA 1 Features
CA 1 Components and Initialization Process
Tape JCL Considerations
CA 1 Console Messages
Tape Data Set Retention Controls
Online Inquiry and Update of Volume Records
Bit Flag Usage
Online Inquiry and Update of DSNB Records
CA 1 Online Utilities
Daily Maintenance Utilities
Vault Management Utilities