- 1 hour
This assessment measures your general knowledge of JES2 functionality and tests skills associated with entering commands used to start and stop JES2. This assessment also tests your ability to enter appropriate JES2 commands used to display or control JES2 devices and the interpretation of any resulting data
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for the operation and monitoring of JES2 controlled devices or other IT specialists that are required to have a solid understanding of the JES2 product.
A good general knowledge of JES2 functionality and skills associated with entering commands used to start and stop JES2.
The following Datatrain courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JES2 System Initialization & Shutdown
- Monitoring Batch Jobs with JES2
- Using JES2 in Scheduling Batch Jobs
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- General JES2 functionality
- Identifying and interpreting JES2 messages and displays
- Starting/stopping JES2
- General use of JES2 commands (for example, display, cancel, purge, halt, interrupt, hold, release, drain)
- Performing spool offloads
Questions have been created to z/OS 2.1 level.