- 2 hours
This assessment measures your skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a system related problem occurs.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for resolving z/OS hardware and software problems, or other IT specialists that need to perform z/OS system problem resolution.
Skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a system related problem occurs.
The following Datatrain courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- z/OS Concepts and Components
- z/OS Architecture
- Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System
- Monitoring the z/OS System
- Identifying z/OS System Problems
- Resolving z/OS System Problems
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Interpreting error messages and display command data
- Varying devices online/offline
- Canceling started tasks and TSO users
- Use of Traces and Dumps
- Common abend codes
Questions have been created to z/OS 2.1 level.