- 1 hour
This assessment tests your skills and knowledge in coding JCL statements and parameters.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for writing or maintaining JCL code.
Skills and knowledge in coding JCL statements and parameters.
The following Datatrain courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JCL (z/OS) - Introduction to z/OS JCL 2.1
- JCL (z/OS) - Using Special Data Sets in Batch Jobs 2.1
- JCL (z/OS) - Coding Procedures and JES2 Control Statements 2.1
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers:
- JCL coding rules
- Coding of JOB, EXEC, and DD statements and associated parameters
- Use of conditional code checking
Questions have been created to z/OS 2.1 level.