- 1.5 hours
This assessment measures your general knowledge of basic COBOL programming and processes. It contains 40 questions that will take approximately 90 minutes to complete, with the pass-mark set at 70%.
The assessment is designed for IT staff who work or plan to work with the COBOL programming language in a z/OS environment.
A good general knowledge of COBOL concepts, COBOL programming syntax, and the statements associated with data declarations and program flow.
The following Interskill courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- COBOL Programming - Basics
- COBOL Data and Datafile Definitions
- COBOL Programming - Manipulating Data / Subprogramming module
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Coding Structures and Divisions
- Data Declarations
- Move, Set, and Initialize statements
- String/Unstring Statements
- File Control and Subprograms
- Coding for a DB2 Environment
- Program Invocation
Questions have been created to Enterprise COBOL for z/OS 6.1 level.