- 5 hours
The JCL - Advanced VSE Job Control course explains advanced JCL techniques. It describes coding a job stream, complex DLBL statements, conditional JCL, and the LIBDEF and LIBDROP statements.
Operators, programmers, and other personnel who require knowledge of JCL.
Completion of the JCL Basic VSE Job Control course or knowledge of the VSE and the operating system.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the function of JCL
- Recognize the parameters and options that can be used with JCL
- Recognize the correct format for coding parameters
- Identify how JCL statements are used to select required job attributes
- Recognize return codes and their values
- Identify how symbolic parameters are used
External and Internal Labels
VOL1 Label Information Area
Standard Labels and Operands
The Functions of the LIBDEF Statement
The Functions of the LIBDROP Statement
The Functions and Operands of the LIBLIST Statement
How to Code a Job Stream, Step by Step, With Instructions
Coding a Job Stream to Execute a program
Components of a Job Stream
JCL, Job Step, JCP, Exec Statement, /, and JECL
Executing a Program
Online/ Batch Processing